I’ve gotten some grief about my email being hard to find – so here are a few ways to reach me right off the bat-
twwoodward AT henrico(dot)k12.va.us
twoodwar AT richmond(dot)edu
bionicteaching AT gmail(dot)com
I believe education ought to be interesting to students because I think the world is interesting. Interesting often means entertaining but also includes challenging (as opposed to easy).
I never planned to be a teacher. I never took an education class until after I started teaching. I’m still not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
I took over a 6th grade class after the first teacher quit about two weeks into the new school year. It was an alternative school. The two years I spent there really changed my perceptions of a lot of things.
- I’m on flickr as vmi football and bionicteaching
- My personal del.icio.us account is here
- I was an ITRT (instructional technology resource teacher) at Wilder and Byrd Middle school
- I became an Apple Distinguished Educator in 2007
- Former English, History and Reading teacher
- I’ve taught for VCU and the University of Richmond