Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-07-08
- Super Punch: “ECOT, Ohio’s largest online charter school, officially closes”
lies and theft in online edu . . . similar to lies Temple’s business dean engaged in
- This sun-chasing robot looks after the plant on its head – The Verge
Chinese roboticist and entrepreneur Sun Tianqi has made it happen: modding a six-legged toy robot made by his company Vincross to carry a potted plant on its back.
The resulting plant-robot hybrid looks like a leafy crab or a robot Bulbasaur. It moves toward the sunshine when needed, and it retreats to shade when it’s had enough.
- Learning To Code By Writing Code Poems — Smashing Magazine
- Temple business dean forced out over falsified MBA data used in rankings – Philly
“the Fox School … knowingly provided false information to at least one rankings organization about the online M.B.A. In addition to the misreporting of the number of students who took the GMAT from 2015 to 2018, the average undergraduate GPA was overstated, and there were inaccuracies in the number of offers of admission as well as in the degree of student indebtedness.”
- H-Diplo Commentary 1 on Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress | H-Diplo | H-Net
Or maybe you have just closed Steven Pinker’s latest book, which would not have been out of place as propaganda material in the age of Brezhnevian stagnation.