Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-12-02
- ?³ #wcus on Twitter: “TinyMCE was never tying to be a layout tool, like MicroSoft Word does not try to be PowerPoint. The Block-Based editor is trying to be both a typing tool and a layout tool. Today, I think it fails at providing a fluid interface to
TinyMCE was never tying to be a layout tool, like MicroSoft Word does not try to be PowerPoint.
The Block-Based editor is trying to be both a typing tool and a layout tool.
Today, I think it fails at providing a fluid interface to make either task feel enjoyable.
- The “Yellow Jackets” Riots In France Are What Happens When Facebook Gets Involved With Local News
The same month that Nogueira set up his first group, Mark Zuckerberg announced two algorithm changes to Facebook’s News Feed that would “prioritize news that is trustworthy, informative, and local.” The updates were meant to combat sensationalism, misinformation, and political polarization by emphasizing local networks over publisher pages. One change upranks news from local publishers only. Another change made the same month prioritizes posts from friends and family, hoping to inspire back-and-forth discussion in the comments of posts.
Are you concerned for the safety of your small dog? It’s a dangerous world where coyotes, aggressive dogs, and even birds of prey can injure or kill your small dog in the blink of an eye. We know because it happened to us, and that’s why we developed our patented CoyoteVest. Its purpose is to help slow down or prevent a surprise attack and give you enough time to react before serious injury occurs. The CoyoteVest gives us peace of mind knowing that our dogs are not utterly defenseless.
- How The Wall Street Journal is preparing its journalists to detect deepfakes » Nieman Journalism Lab
- Measuring the Filter Bubble: How Google is influencing what you click
Private browsing mode and being logged out of Google offered very little filter bubble protection. These tactics simply do not provide the anonymity most people expect. In fact, it’s simply not possible to use Google search and avoid its filter bubble.
- Teaching Data Visualization to Kids – Policy Viz
might make a nice intro for faculty as well