Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-01-28
- fulldecent/system-bus-radio: Transmits AM radio on computers without radio transmitting hardware.
Transmits AM radio on computers without radio transmitting hardware.
- The Anatomy of a Data Story
Knaflic explains that “it’s not the graph that makes the data interesting. Rather, it’s the story you build around it—the way you make it something your audience cares about, something that resonates with them—that’s what makes data interesting.”
- Excel vs R: A Brief Introduction to R
There is no doubt that the learning curve for R is much steeper than producing one or two charts in a spreadsheet. However, there are real long-term advantages to learning a dedicated data analysis tool like R.
- OverTheWire: Wargames
Each shell game has its own SSH port
- Visualization Tools
a data visualization of data visualizaitons
- How Do Kids and Artists See While Drawing? | Eye Tracking – YouTube
- Panicked about Kids’ Addiction to Tech?
The funny thing about verbalizing what you’re doing is that you’ll check yourself about your decisions to grab that phone. Somehow, it’s a lot less comfy saying: “Mom’s going to check work email because she can’t stop looking in case something important happens.”
- Tobias Schneider on Twitter: “Somebody forgot to turn off their Fitbit. Markers trace known military outposts, supply and patrol routes.… “
Somebody forgot to turn off their Fitbit. Markers trace known military outposts, supply and patrol routes.