Weekly Web Harvest for 2020-07-05
- Japanese Amusement Park Asks Roller Coaster Riders Not To Scream : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR
“Please scream inside your heart,” and not out loud, the park is asking.
- diy making large pot out of aluminum cans
- AI Weirdness • When data is messy
Why was it looking for human fingers when it was supposed to be looking for a fish? It turns out that most of the tench pictures the neural net had seen were of people holding the fish as a trophy. It doesn’t have any context for what a tench actually is, so it assumes the fingers are part of the fish.
- LOOPY: a tool for thinking in systems
- Hype House and the Los Angeles TikTok Mansion Gold Rush – The New York Times
But unfortunately many Airbnbs in Los Angeles have a no-filming rule. (Homeowners worry about, among other things, tripods scratching the floors and the potential property damage that comes with YouTube stunts.)