Weekly Web Harvest for 2022-01-16
- The Einstellung Effect – Futility Closet
Psychologist Abraham S. Luchins discovered a discouraging phenomenon in 1942: When people find a problem-solving strategy that works successfully in multiple trials, they’ll tend to adopt the same strategy even in situations when more efficient solutions are available.
–explains a lot about issues we have with technology
- analytics.usa.gov | The US government’s web traffic.
- luetkemj/wp-query-ref: WordPress Query Comprehensive Reference
I use this all the time in WP. Mark worked with me at VCU way back when.
- Can’t Help Myself
I’m pretty sure I am this robot.
- The secret of Arctic ‘survival parenting’ – BBC Future
One of its guiding principles is that rather than following a fixed schedule, the whole family adapts to whatever tasks need to be carried out, be that earmarking, travelling or other joint activities. Within that framework, children make their own choices.
- Wiki History Game
- Joshua Kaplan © 2021
- Basic best practices for buttons – Effortmark