flickr photo shared by Kecko under a Creative Commons ( BY-ND ) license Man. This was a slog and really highlighted gross inadequacies in my conceptual understanding of pretty much everything. That being said, with an end-around, it works. The whole thing is below but there were really two pieces where I got stuck and flailed away on Stackoverflow and other places for quite some time. Getting the JSON I always struggle with nested data and getting things right. It seems so stupid simple now . . . response.feed.entry but I’m often unclear when it’s periods, when it’s =>, or when it’s something entirely different. You mix that with a few levels of confusion around the process and you end up with many variables you can screw up. For instance, if I remember correctly response[‘feed’][‘entry’] also works. Searching all of the JSON I’m cheating here. I couldn’t get the scope of the filter to be all of the data returned in the JSON. It kept stopping at the first element- id. So I cheated. I wrote a formula on the spreadsheet to mash all the cells together per row and pointed the filter at that data. Ugly. But functional. I don’t know what it’ll end up being. Not what it is but now that the framework is built, we can […]
Found a snapping turtle when wandering up a creek this weekend. You can watch it really try to repeatedly bite me in the video at the bottom of this page. 85mm isn’t the best birding lens but really cool to see owls out in the neighborhood. A kinder, gentler baby turtle.