- Three dinosaurs beheaded ‘with angle grinder’ at Australian museum
“We went out to check it out and three of our dinosaurs here have been decapitated,” museum staffer Mitchell Seymour told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- A Web Diet: Converting WordPress Sites Over to Static Sites | Adam Croom
for future archiving considerations
- “Adversarial perturbations” reliably trick AIs about what kind of road-sign they’re seeing / Boing Boing
An “adversarial perturbation” is a change to a physical object that is deliberately designed to fool a machine-learning system into mistaking it for something else.
- White House Says Russia’s Hackers Are Too Good to Be Caught but NSA Partner Called Them “Morons”
Put more bluntly, the Russian attacks CSE observed were “designed by geniuses” but “implemented by morons,”
- BBC – Future – The ghostly radio station that no one claims to run
Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for the last three-and-a-half decades, it’s been broadcasting a dull, monotonous tone. Every few seconds it’s joined by a second sound, like some ghostly ship sounding its foghorn. Then the drone continues.
Once or twice a week, a man or woman will read out some words in Russian, such as “dinghy” or “farming specialist”.