- Indigenous pedagogies and online learning environments: a massive open online course case study
h/t Stephen Downes
- Thirteen Ways of Looking at Blackboard – McSweeney’s Internet Tendency
- Using an iPhone as My Webcam
Might be worth the trouble . . .
- Introducing Discussions: Real Human Answers in Search Results | Brave Browser
To serve these Discussions, the Brave Search ranking algorithm detects queries where a discussion forum might give an alternative or complementary viewpoint to the search results. This “discussion worthiness” score is based on a variety of signals, including:
Freshness (or recency) of the topic
The popularity of the topic on a given forum
The quality of the conversation (as measured by user engagement, such as upvotes or responses)
The search quality score (which measures how relevant the discussion is to a query)
- The Greatest Show in Baseball: The Savanah Bananas – Neatorama
I keep seeing this team popup in various places. I can think of the comments about how this isn’t baseball and likely people will feel very strongly about that. It gets to the heart of what a thing might be and what it’s supposed to do. I wonder about the same thing about education and the varying paths it might take depending on how and what you believe it’s intended to do.
- Aric Toler on Twitter: “And we have a new winner: people arrested for”holding” imaginary signs https://t.co/mxWYOUnDnr” / Twitter
- Google to invest $300 million in Virginia, joins education partnership | National News | kpvi.com
“CodeVA intends to base its lab schools on the current CodeRVA model at the CodeRVA Regional High School in Richmond. CodeRVA and CodeVA seek to improve students’ computer literacy by giving them skills, such as coding.”
It’s a low bar out there folks.