- ocrmypdf/OCRmyPDF: OCRmyPDF adds an OCR text layer to scanned PDF files, allowing them to be searched
OCRmyPDF adds an OCR text layer to scanned PDF files, allowing them to be searched or copy-pasted.
- Michael Tsai – Blog – Terminal and Full Disk Access
What you may not realize is that if you grant Full Disk Access to Terminal, you thereby provide Full Disk Access to every unsandboxed app on your Mac too! And how can this be? The reason is that unsandboxed apps can open executable shell scripts in Terminal, and those scripts will execute with the permissions not of the opening app but rather with the permissions of Terminal, i.e. Full Disk Access.
- Re-visiting How we Work at Reclaim | bavatuesdays
If nothing else, I learned a couple of things through writing this long, wandering post: 1) integrating various technologies is crucial to make Reclaim Hosting work, and it reinforces why showing students how the web actually works through linking and integrating is an essential literacy in the 21st century; 2) how dependent we are on various softwares and how that reinforces the value of open source as the pricing for many of the proprietary applications continues to go through the roof—making open source alternatives not only interesting but almost essential.
- Owen Pellegrin on Twitter: “@IanColdwater “We hope to get youths to learn how to sell items most associated with a pyramid scheme, then mobilize them to enter the homes of vulnerable people under the guise of helping them with computers like a Trojan hors
- The Power of CSS Blend Modes – Cloud Four
css . . . there are some really amazing possibilities out there
- MapLibre – MapLibre
Open-source mapping libraries for web and mobile app developers.
TypeScript for Web
- Command Line Tips to Improve WordPress Performance – Seravo
With this API, you can share text, links, and files without the need to create your own sharing mechanisms or use third-party ones.