- The endless uses for an always-on Mac – Six Colors
- Michael Tsai – Blog – Cheating Is All You Need
a bunch of AI in real life links
- Midjourney at the College Level: Visual Representations Created by Artificial Intelligence – Eductive
- History of microscopes
- There Is No A.I. | The New Yorker
A program like OpenAI’s GPT-4, which can write sentences to order, is something like a version of Wikipedia that includes much more data, mashed together using statistics. Programs that create images to order are something like a version of online image search, but with a system for combining the pictures. In both cases, it’s people who have written the text and furnished the images. The new programs mash up work done by human minds. What’s innovative is that the mashup process has become guided and constrained, so that the results are usable and often striking. This is a significant achievement and worth celebrating—but it can be thought of as illuminating previously hidden concordances between human creations, rather than as the invention of a new mind.
- ai.ufl.edu – AI – University of Florida
Artificial intelligence is transforming every sector of our economy – and influencing every aspect of our lives – the way the computer and mobile phone did. Learn how the University of Florida is changing the way we are able to think about small tasks and big questions – through AI.
h/t Amy C
- Algorithm & Data Literacy Project | Understanding algorithms
raise awareness and educate kids about the presence of algorithms and how they influence our digital experiences — in other words, get algorithm literate. The goal is to empower kids to exercise critical thinking in how they engage online, and to become proactive, creative users and makers rather than passive consumers.
h/t Amy C
- Living Toward a New Way of Thinking: Re-thinking Introduction to Anthropology Classes by Re-building the Learning Management System | Human Organization
- Significant-Gravitas/Auto-GPT: An experimental open-source attempt to make GPT-4 fully autonomous.
Auto-GPT is an experimental open-source application showcasing the capabilities of the GPT-4 language model. This program, driven by GPT-4, chains together LLM “thoughts”, to autonomously achieve whatever goal you set. As one of the first examples of GPT-4 running fully autonomously, Auto-GPT pushes the boundaries of what is possible with AI.
h/t Joe A.