- Critical AI — Cybernetic Forests.
Critical Topics: AI Images was an undergraduate class delivered for Bradley University in Spring 2023. It was an overview of the emerging contexts of AI art making tools that connected media studies and histories of new media art, with data ethics and critical data studies. Through this multidisciplinary lens, we examined current events and debates in AI and generative art, with students thinking critically about these tools as they learned to use them. They were encouraged to make work that reflected the context and longer history of these tools.
h/t Alan Levine
- Stability AI, the startup behind Stable Diffusion, raises $101M | TechCrunch
“A percentage of people are simply unpleasant and weird, but that’s humanity,” Mostaque said in a previous interview. “Indeed, it is our belief this technology will be prevalent, and the paternalistic and somewhat condescending attitude of many AI aficionados is misguided in not trusting society.”
- Semantic reconstruction of continuous language from non-invasive brain recordings | Nature Neuroscience
As brain–computer interfaces should respect mental privacy, we tested whether successful decoding requires subject cooperation and found that subject cooperation is required both to train and to apply the decoder. Our findings demonstrate the viability of non-invasive language brain–computer interfaces.
- A Stanford student has developed a smart monocle with ChatGPT to help keep the conversation going on dates and job interviews | gagadget.com
The guy has developed the rizzGPT smart monocle with open-source Monocle AR hardware, which uses ChatGPT artificial intelligence and the Whisper speech recognition system from the same OpenAI. The compact gadget can recognise text, speech, recognise faces, understand and process live conversation and provide the user with the information they need.
- Rude Tales of Labor – by Rusty Foster and camille butera
With corporations trying to capture all the economic value of transformative work and fan labor and interactions being increasingly commercialized, anything on the margins that resists palatability or profitability like this is kind of special.
- How to customize LLMs like ChatGPT with your own data and documents – TechTalks
- small worlds on Twitter: “In 2023, I’m creating an illustrated tiny sci-fi story every day. Here’s 001/365: https://t.co/ofK2PkISSh” / Twitter
You buy a time machine on eBay.
It arrives 6 days ago.